Sunday 16 May 2010

Vol. 1. Ch. I: Introduction to the Thesis

Theme: "Translating the Lines" is a “Practice as Research” project of visual and performing arts which observes, debates and documents some aspects of the journey of my life and the process of my work over a number of years, which has begun before this thesis and will carry on after.

In doing this, I use more than one medium, and I try to identify the commonality of the visible and invisible lines which appear in my work, during the process of making. This will be dealt with more in my PhD work.

Format: The conventional academic style in presenting a thesis, which consists of texts and diagrams, has been adapted into a format which is intentionally designed and heavily relies on the use of IT and DVD making.

Sections: The introduction consists of three sections;
· Who is Parvaneh Farid? – p. 4,
....also click here
· What is her project about? – p. 7
· Why is she doing this project? – p. 10

Website: To get a more comprehensive understanding of the wide ranging nature of my artwork, please refer to my website; L'Atelier Papillon http://www.latelierpapillon.co.uk/ .
.

"-There is an alleyway in whichthose boys who were in love with me,
with the same untidy hair,thin necks and twig like legs…
- …are dreaming still, of the innocent smiles of a girl

who one night has gone...with the wind..."
(Farrokhzad 1989-92, Farid 2003-08)
.

In writing about myself, here, I use the term “She” instead of “I”. This is because I rather to stand outside of my own life and look at it objectively. Doing that helps me to be more sincere in my understanding and more able to describe the situations and my feelings which form the platform of my practice as research work.

No comments: