Saturday 28 March 2009

*Vol.1, Ch.II, Methodology : Introduction

In my practice based PhD although I use a number of strategies, as and when required, the project is, fundamentally, processed according to one basic methodology; “Practice as Research” (Trimingham, 2000). That means all the works in chapter I / Body, chapter II / Mind and chapter III / Spirit, have been made and will continue to progress by going through a three phrases of development; Planning, Making & Reflection.

The theme - “Translating the Lines” has provided me with a platform to discover the origin of the “Arts” as set out in the scholarly overview. Here, I list a variety of lines of strategy that runs through my work. I use an “Intuitive” mental process (Subjugated Ways of Knowing - Boyce-Tillman 2005 and The Seven Valleys Bahá’u’lláh 1986). I am a member of a wider community - a Refugee Persian Bahá’í Women who has travelled from Iran to England (Autoethnography, Tieney & Lincoln 1997).

I am strongly influenced by my “Feminine Emotions” -box:B2- (Interpretive Interactionism, Denzin 1989). I also considered basic elements of the origins of life -box:B1 - (Genetic epistemology, Piaget 1968). Through these strategic lines I arrive at what could be the “Prime Instinct” of “Human”; which I call: “To Be” -box:A. From there, as shown in the front diagram, I trace the emergence of the “Art Formats” as a “Language” or “Means of Communication”, which itself could fuel this prime instinct.

No comments: